Last year, Renuvion was nominated by plastic surgeons and dermatologist as one of the top 5 most impactful innovations in their field. And for good reason. This groundbreaking tissue contracture technology helps patients achieve incredible body contouring results without the hassles of invasive surgery.
NuBody Concepts Chief Medical Officer Dr. John Rosdeutscher has been using Renuvion on hundreds of liposuction patients in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. “I am happy with the results we are seeing, especially for arms, lower face & neck,” he says.
What is Renuvion?
Renuvion is an FDA-approved radio frequency assisted lipolysis (RFAL) device that uses the power of helium plasma to “coagulate” tissues under the skin, effectively tightening the skin.
- How it works: Using a thin wand that is moved back and forth under the skin, a plastic surgeon is able to apply controlled to each treatment area. This shrinks the tissues and thereby contracts the skin. By emitting bursts of helium plasma through the wand, the tissues can be heated to 85 degrees Celsius and cooled back down in under one second. This prevents overheating or burning the skin and enables an entire area to be treated in just 5-15 minutes.
- No Sutures, no scars: Renuvion is not a surgical procedure because no scalpel or sutures are required. Except for a few miniscule incisions to insert the application wand, the surface of the skin remains unblemished.
- Easy recovery: The small entry points through which the wand is inserted are not typically big enough to need any stitches, meaning they heal fast and blend into the skin quickly. Patients don’t typically have any discomfort and can resume their daily routine as well as exercises within just a day or two. You can expect some bruising and swelling as with any cosmetic procedure, but this will not slow you down in your daily activities.
Am I a Good Candidate for Renuvion?
Most patients who see Dr. Rosdeutscher in a one-on-one consultation have an area of complaint, such as their belly or neck, but no clear idea of what to do. This might be the same for you. You may have a fairly flat stomach already, but with crepe-type skin. You may have a few rolls of fat on your flanks and back. Your lower face and neck might sag. Your upper arms could be flabby. You might have wrinkly knees.
All these are excellent applications for Renuvion. None of these problems necessarily warrant surgery, especially in locations where you want to avoid a scar.
You’re a good candidate for Renuvion if you:
- Are close to your target weight but have pockets of fat resistant to diet and exercise
- Have a moderate amount of skin laxity
- Are in good general health and a non-smoker
- Have realistic expectations about the results you want to achieve
Will the Results Be Permanent and How Soon Will I See Them?
The contraction effect is noticeable immediately after the procedure and will continue to improve over the course of 6-9 months. Non-surgical tissue contraction has been tested extensively and shown to achieve final contraction results anywhere from 35% to 60%. Renuvion, by bolstering the radio frequency energy with helium plasma, is especially well positioned to reach a high degree of contraction and to stimulate the production of collagen.
There is no doubt that skin tightening with Renuvion will give your body or face a more youthful appearance. You will continue the aging process, but you will continue it from a younger vantage point!
How Many Renuvion Treatments Do I Need?
Renuvion is a one-time procedure that does not require any repeat treatments – unless you want to have additional areas treated at a later time. However, you can combine multiple areas in one procedure – at a discounted price – so it make the most sense to identify and target all areas you are unsatisfied with.
We recommend pairing Renuvion with liposuction. The treatments are easily applied one after the other under the same local anesthesia, using the same incisions for the cannulas to be inserted under the skin. The skin contraction only adds a little extra time to a regular liposuction procedure, so taking the opportunity to not only tighten the skin but to first remove any excess fat makes the most sense.
Renuvion Before and After Pictures
If you’re frustrated by fat pockets and sagging skin and would like to have some help in improving your body contours, we can help. NuBody Concepts Nashville has been a leader in minimally-invasive body contouring over many years, and you can trust our team to help you realize your goals. Get started by clicking below to book a personal consultation now!