Are you among the countless individuals who dream of enhancing their appearance but are left wondering how you will pay for it? At NuBody Concepts, we understand the challenges that can arise when trying to achieve your desired look, and we’re here to guide you through the options available. At NuBody Concepts, we believe everyone deserves to feel confident in their skin, whether through insurance-covered procedures or elective ones. Here, we will explore what insurance covers for cosmetic surgery, how to pay with insurance or through financing, and the treatments available at NuBody Concepts to help you look and feel your best.
Health insurance policies primarily cover medical procedures that address health concerns and conditions. Cosmetic surgeries are often considered elective; therefore, most health insurance providers won’t pay for them. Insurance companies may consider exceptions for procedures that serve both aesthetic and medical purposes.
NuBody Concepts does not accept insurance for any of our cosmetic surgery procedures. However, we offer competitive financing options that include the possibility of an interest-free plan from one of our approved lenders. The prices for our cosmetic surgery procedures are all-inclusive, which means there are no hidden fees or unexpected charges on your bill. The price quoted to you after your consultation includes all aspects of the procedure.
Find Out Whether Your Health Insurance Policy Covers a Specific Cosmetic Procedure
Determining whether your health insurance covers a specific cosmetic procedure takes some leg work. To find out if your insurance policy covers the surgery you’re considering, you should:
- Review Your Policy: Start by thoroughly examining your insurance policy. Policies differ, and it’s crucial to understand your plan’s terms, conditions, and limitations.
- Consult Your Surgeon: Contact your cosmetic surgeon to see if they take your insurance. At NuBody Concepts, you’ll need to pay for the surgery upfront. However, you may be able to get reimbursed through your insurance.
- Preauthorization: For some procedures, you may need preauthorization from your insurance provider before undergoing surgery.
During your conversation with your health insurance provider, ask how to get reimbursed for any cosmetic surgery procedure. They’ll most likely want to know if the procedure is medically necessary vs. elective. The reality is that many procedures can fall into the gray area between those two classifications.
Understanding the Difference Between Medically Necessary and Elective Procedures
When seeking insurance coverage for a cosmetic surgery procedure, it’s crucial to understand the distinction between medically necessary and elective procedures. Here are some critical steps and considerations to help you in this process:
- Document Medical Necessity: Collect medical records demonstrating how the cosmetic procedure addresses a physical discomfort, pain, or functional impairment. Obtain a detailed medical history and any previous treatments or therapies you’ve attempted to alleviate the issue.
- Seek Multiple Opinions: It may be beneficial to obtain multiple professional opinions from healthcare providers who can attest to the procedure’s medical necessity. This could help when presenting your claim to your insurance provider.
- Verify Insurance Policy Details: Contact your insurance provider to understand your policy’s terms and conditions regarding cosmetic surgeries. Request a copy of the insurance policy and carefully review the elective vs. medically necessary procedures sections.
- Investigate Exceptions: Some insurance policies have exceptions that may cover specific cosmetic surgeries, such as breast reconstruction after mastectomy or rhinoplasty to correct a deviated septum. Be sure to explore these possibilities.
- Keep Detailed Records: Maintain thorough records of all communication with your insurance provider, including phone calls, emails, and written correspondence. Document any medical appointments, evaluations, and discussions with healthcare professionals.
- Research Similar Cases: Look for case studies or examples of people who have successfully obtained insurance coverage for similar procedures. This can provide insight into the process and help you build a stronger case.
- Utilize Supportive Documentation: If you have psychological or emotional distress related to the cosmetic issue, seek documentation from mental health professionals who can attest to its impact on your well-being.
Remember that every insurance policy differs, and coverage decisions can vary based on your circumstances. It’s important to be well-prepared, advocate for yourself, and work closely with your surgeon and insurance provider.
Common Types of Cosmetic Procedures That Are Typically Covered
While most cosmetic surgeries remain elective, various non-surgical treatments and procedures can blend cosmetic and medical benefits. These often fall under the category of dermatological and aesthetic treatments. Some treatments include laser hair removal, dermatological treatments, and breast reconstruction.
We do not offer every procedure at NuBody Concepts. If you are looking for services like rhinoplasty or breast reconstruction, we recommend finding a reputable board-certified plastic surgeon in the Nashville or Memphis area. At NuBody Concepts, our board-certified plastic surgeons have served the area for over 25 years. We recommend that you look for someone certified through The American Board of Plastic Surgery; don’t be misled by some of the other certification boards. The American Board of Plastic Surgery is the only board recognized by The American Board of Medical Specialties, and we recommend that you do your homework on each surgeon’s certifications for any procedures.
Cost and Financing Options Available at NuBody Concepts
At NuBody Concepts, we believe in making cosmetic procedures accessible, regardless of cost considerations. We do not accept insurance, so you’ll pay for your procedure out of pocket, with any reimbursements handled directly with your health insurance provider. Our experienced team is dedicated to helping you explore financing options. Here’s what you need to know:
- Deferred Interest Payment Plan: Spread the cost over 12 months, with interest applying only for longer-term financing. We offer 12-month interest-free plans through providers like Momnt, PatientFi, Alphaeon, CareCredit, and United Medical Credit. It’s wise to get pre-approved before your consultation.
- Credit Card Financing: We accept major credit cards, some offering up to a year of zero percent financing. If you have financing questions, submit an information request, and our medical consultant will contact you.
The journey to a more confident and beautiful you may sometimes be complicated. Still, at NuBody Concepts, we’re here to help you realize your dreams. Whether you’re exploring the possibilities of cosmetic surgery insurance coverage or looking into elective cosmetic procedures, we have the expertise and experience to guide you through every step. Our commitment to your well-being goes beyond the surgical room; we are here to offer you the support and options needed to make your dreams come true.
Don’t let questions about insurance coverage or financial concerns hold you back. Reach out to NuBody Concepts today for a consultation, and look at our before and after photos to see what is possible. Let us show you how we can help you look and feel your best, whether you’re interested in cosmetic surgery near you or any of our Memphis or Nashville cosmetic surgery services. Your dream of a more confident, beautiful you is within reach with NuBody Concepts.