We wanted to give you an update on our Coronavirus (COVID-19) measures in these unprecedented times. Below is important information on the virus as well as the steps we are taking to make our office as safe as possible while continuing to provide exceptional medical care for our patients.
We are watching the situation closely and are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
What is a Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are viruses that cause sickness like the common cold. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Current symptoms reported for patients with COVID-19 have included mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
How do I stay healthy?
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If you use hand sanitizer, make sure it is at least 60% alcohol-based.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow, rather than into your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
What we always do at our practice
- Daily cleaning and sanitization of our spaces and tools.
- Single-use items are disposed of after each service.
- Follow best standard-of-care practices for sterilizing all & any re-useable equipment.
- Employees are required to wash their hands after using the restroom, after eating, and before and after each service.
Additional measures we are taking at our practice
- We require anyone on our team to stay home if they, or a loved one, feel sick, as it is of the utmost importance to us that we all exercise caution. We offer paid time off and subsidized medical benefits so that our employees feel cared for and supported.
- We are wiping down all door handles, light switches, reception area, and lobby furniture throughout the day.
- Ethyl-alcohol hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol is available throughout the space for both staff and client use.
- Patients have the option of checking in and waiting in a room without other patients present, to be called when it is time for them to be seen.
- We request that patients limit their visitors to one guest and do not bring children.
- If you have traveled within the last 30 days, had a fever or cough or been around anyone who might be sick, we ask that you reschedule.
- For those who prefer to have a consultation from their own home, we will accommodate requests for phone or virtual consultations. Simply give us a call and we will set it up.
Due to the Coronavirus crisis, NuBody Concepts is not currently seeing patients in our offices. However, our phone lines are open to schedule virtual consultations and to answer all of your questions. We are confident that when we re-open, our staff and resources will allow us to continue to provide excellent patient care in a safe and sterile environment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call us.
John Rosdeutscher, MD & Chief Medical Officer – NuBody Concepts Brentwood
Mark Peters, MD – NuBody Concepts Germantown