Mark H. Peters, M.D. is an award-winning, board-certified plastic surgeon with over 20 years of experience transforming the face and body. He performs a wide range of plastic surgery services, including thigh, butt, arm, and breast lifts; traditional and radio frequency-assisted liposuction; breast augmentations and reductions; facelifts; chin augmentation, and more.
Dr. Peters grew up in Baton Rouge, LA, earned a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering from Vanderbilt University, and received his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport, LA. He completed his residency at Saint Luke’s Medical Center in Cleveland, OH, as well as a Plastic Surgery Fellowship at the University of Virginia Health Science Center in Charlottesville, VA. Dr. Peters recently won first place in the InMode Expert Clinician Award Program for his innovative use of BodyTite to treat cellulite.
In his free time, Dr. Peters loves to cook and entertain friends and family with his creations ranging from gumbo to chicken tortillas and matzo ball soup. Make sure you scroll down and watch his presentation on how to prepare a mouth-watering brisket! He rarely misses the annual Mardi Gras parade, and he is a big fan of LSU and New Orleans Saints football.
Dr. Peters blends his extensive plastic surgery expertise with a commitment to providing each patient with a warm support system. He will work to educate you on your range of options so you can make the best choice for your body and lifestyle.
Certifications & Awards
- First Place, InMode Expert Clinician Award Program, July 2020
- Certified by American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1999
- Re-certified by American Board of Plastic Surgery in 2009 and 2019
- Member of American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery since 1998
- Member of Louisiana State Plastic Surgery Society since 2001
- Member of International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons since 2018
- Voted “Best of the Best” Cosmetic Surgeon, 2017
- Appointed Vice Chairman of Department of Surgery, Terrebonne General Medical Center, 2003
- Second Place Resident Competition – Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons Meeting (Williamsburg), 1997